Tuesday, March 03, 2009

glittery nail polish

I'm back from my weekend in Dallas. Had a good time. Got to see my nieces. They are little characters for sure. 8, 6, and 4. The two youngest were quite fascinated with pokey and kept asking questions like why is he naked and what does he eat. The best is the look on their faces when pokey would kick and move around. They kept wanting to touch it. I like how kids are quizzical like that, but not quite grasping the concept. The oldest even asked if I was going to love it more.

Anyway, went to friend's birthday party on Saturday. Had a lot of fun. Got to see a couple of friends I hadn't seen in a while. Had a sip or two of beer, but mostly lots of snacks! It was a bad weekend for "dieting", but oh well, I was on "vacation" right?

Had a doctor's appointment today. The good news is that I don't have gestational diabetes. The bad news is that this baby is actually going to be a big baby. I guess next appointment we found out just how big and why. Other than that, some slight anemia, all else is good. Baby was quite active for us while listening to his heartbeat. Kicked the Doppler a few times and wouldn't stop moving. As uncomfortable as that gets sometimes (and due to be worse), that may be my favorite part. Every day, I get to feel this lil human inside me rollin' around kicking, punching, hiccuping whatever. It's pretty cool. I kind of feel like a kid, just amazed that a person is growing inside of a person, wondering what it's doing in there.

No comments: